I cannot validate quickBooks.
When validating QuickBooks, make sure that your PC is connected to the internet. It sometimes take several trials before validation succeeds. If you still fail to validate QuickBooks, send us this info:
1. QB version. 2. If it is first installation or reinstallation. 3. Installation key. 4. Product key.
How do I use the validation code to register QuickBooks?
- Open QB.
- Click Help -> “About QuickBooks” menu.
- Press CTRL R, P. The “Register QuickBooks” screen is displayed.
- Enter validation code in “Validation code” field and click “Next”.
Until when does Intuit support my QuickBooks version?
Intuit supports QuickBooks UK 2018, 2017 and 2016. This means that you will no longer be able to receive technical support or product updates, patches, maintenance releases or replacement CD’s for versions before these.
How to rebuild a company file without opening it.
Hold down the Ctrl-key when starting up QuickBooks. Do not release the Ctrl-key until you see “No Company Open” screen. Then navigate to File>Utilities>Rebuild. Select your company file to rebuild.
How to open a damaged QuickBooks data file.
Open damaged QuickBooks files as follows:
- Hold down the CTRL key while double-clicking the QB icon. Keep holding it down until the program completely opens. This opens the program without opening the bad file.
- File>Open the sample.qbw company (in the QB program folder) or some other working QB file. Switch to single-user mode if necessary.
- Enter Edit, Preferences. Then enter General Preferences, My Preferences and then Don’t Save Desktop. Click OK.
- In the Reminders preference on the left, enter My Preferences and clear the check Show Reminders List when opening. Click OK.
- Click File, Close Company and Open Company. Click your company file once.
- Hold down the ALT key and click OK. Release the ALT key, enter the password and then hold down ALT again before clicking OK.
This opens the company so you can run Verify, Rebuild, or delete a transaction.
Data file verifies 'bad' after rebuilding it.
If Verify still flags a rebuilt company file as bad, try the following:
- Press F2, then F3. Under the tab “Open File” select QBWIN.LOG and click “Open File”
- Scroll to the bottom.
- You’ll probably find some clues here, like a duplicate client or item name. If so, remove the offending detail.
Note: even if you don’t see a mistake in that transaction, remove it and then re-enter it. An internal field may be corrupt.
Is an Accountants copy of one version of QuickBooks UK compatible with an Accountant copy of another version of QuickBooks?
Pro and Premier Accountant’s copies can be exchanged. Versions, eg 2018 and 2017, cannot be exchanged.